The XenClient feature of Citrix XenDesktop offers multiple advantages to an enterprise laptop user. If you’re considering the the Citrix XenDesktop solution for your organization, the following article will provide you an insight into the benefits that this XenDesktop feature offers. Read on.
As desktop virtualization is rapidly growing, the need for flexible yet secure systems become more and more evident. The Citrix XenDesktop’s new features help deliver a secure and flexible desktop environment to an organization’s laptop users, without compromising on user experience. Therefore, enterprise laptop users can now enjoy a personalized desktop environment where they can work, from wherever they are, and without having to worry about loosing the data on their laptops.
Ever since, features such as XenClient and XenVault have been added to the XenDesktop solution, its benefits have increased significantly. Consider the following:
- Hassle-free operation – The XenClient acting as a hypervisor, allows virtual desktops to be run directly on the client devices. It enables enterprise laptop users to work seamlessly, weather connected or disconnected, and without the hassles of signing in or logging out. Although the XenClient feature can be supported by almost all PC hardware, its ideal for enterprise laptops.
- Increased user experience without compromising on security – A centrally managed, secure corporate desktop environment can be created for laptop users using XenClient, without having to compromise on user experience. In fact, a personal, second virtual desktop can also be created, giving laptop users complete freedom of personal use.
- Centralized recovery and backup – When offline, the XenClient feature on the laptop works like a traditional desktop. However, as soon as it’s connectde to the internet, any changes made to the datacenter are instantly updated, therefore allowing for centralized backup of all data on a corporate laptop. In case of the laptop being stolen or lost, the entire data and environment can be reset into a new laptop, while remotely deleting the dataq from the lost laptop.
- Persistent and Portable desktop images – Since the operating system is separated from it’s underlying hardware, desktop images can be created, moved, deployed and secured across different supported hardware. This helps reduce the IT’s maintenance burden and simplifying a laptop’s hardware recovery.
- Expanded device and hardware support – The updated XenClient also features multiple new capabilities that weren’t supported in its earlier release. They include multiple security and usability enhancements, increased support for hardware platforms, new and improved syncronization features, wireless adapters and USB-supported devices such as Windows mobile devices, Blackberrys, Androids, iPhones, iPads and webcams.
If you need more knowldge and information on XenClient, consider enrolling in for a Citrix Xendesktop training. Although Citrix NetScaler training, Citrix XenServer training also offer insight into the XenClient feature.
Which feature of the XenClient do you like the most? Share your thoughts and takes with me in the comments below.